The 0xd FX Morse Device is a kill switch with a reversible momentary action. Say what mofo? Well look at it this way – it has 2 modes, and 2 controls:
.-. This control toggles the action of the momentary switch -.- between cutting the guitars signal when it is pressed or released.
-.- This control will either kill the signal from the guitar when it is pressed or released, determined by the state of .-.
So it is up to you – you can kill the signal by pressing -.- or you can bring it back by pressing -.- and you can change modes by pressing .-.
One thing I am going to point out is there is a mechanical click with the momentary switch which is completely inaudible through the amp. Any decent kill switch pedal has this as the supposed ‘silent’ switches are just not man enough to be stomped on verociously – I wouldn’t make a pedal like this that couldn’t take a hammering. The Morse Device is made from quality components – Hammond enclosure, Switchcraft jacks and Alpha switches to guarantee excellent performance.
Confused by the labelling of the controls? You could always learn morse code
Other uses for the Morse Device:
- Change guitars silently mid-set
- Put one in your other guitarists chain to shut him up when he is doodling in rehearsal
- Put one in your other guitarists chain to make him think his DS-1 is busted
- Put one in your mic path to stutter your voice like a pop princess
- Buy one, take it apart, make your own from the copying the wiring and sell this on for what you paid for it
- Stutter your riffs in Morse code thus bombarding the audience with subliminal messages of your choosing
- Makes a good pick pot if you un-populate it and place it face down on a table, using the base as a lid
Here’s the latest version of the artwork for the ever-changing Morse Device!