Just a quick update on the SET audio slicer I’m developing.
The logic side of the circuit that is used to control the stuttering is all up and running well, but I’m still having trouble slicing the audio without introducing noise. I’ve removed the 4066 chip and redesigned the circuit to use a JFET as the switch. By having this in a shunt arrangement where the source and drain are biased to a reference voltage I can eliminate most of the popping, but there is still a little bit of ticking on the audio line. I’ve also tried using a LED and LDR to shunt the signal without allowing any noise from the oscillators, but it isn’t perfect either way. It may be that the noise is on the supply rail and I need to filter the supplies, but I’m not sure with very limited time to spend on it at the moment.
The controls will also have changed by the time this comes out. At present they stand at Rate A, Rate B pots, long/short range toggle, A/AB toggle, and/or toggle.
Whatever happens, I have learnt a lot from this project, one being that nothing is as easy as it first seems!